Family Owned & Operated • Fully insured • Free Estimates
What To Expect When Working With Clingerman Paving
After your initial contact with Clingerman Paving, whether by phone or email,you will be contacted to set up an appointment. At this appointment, our estimator will meet with you at the job site to take measurements and look for any potential problems. They will answer any questions you may have as well as go over the paving process to you.
You will then receive our proposal with our estimate. After we receive your signed agreement to complete your work, our office manager will contact you with a tentative starting date for your paving project.
On the starting day of the job, our paving crew will prepare the site by either cleaning and removing existing asphalt to prepare for an asphalt overlay, or will begin grading stone for a new asphalt driveway. Once the job site has been prepared, our paving crew will construct the newasphalt surface. Our crew ensures a professional job by paying close attention to details:
- Grading the entire area to be paved and provide proper water run off,
- Tamp and compact edges to create a nice uniform edge,
Rolling the pavement with a compaction roller,
- Tack coat edge of street to insure adhesion of new pavement to street,
- Block off driveway with caution tape when finished,
- Clean area and haul away any debris.
We guarantee our professional work and strive to exceed your expectations.
Residential & Commercial Paving Services We Offer
Asphalt is a strong, durable, hard surface used for residential and commercial applications. Many benefits to using asphalt include less dust and stone chips on vehicles, easier winter maintenance and it adds significant value to your home or business property.
Services we provide include:
- Commercial & Residential Projects
- Private Roads
- Parking Lots
Seal Coating is an important part of asphalt pavement maintenance. The seal coat material is an emulsion that protects the asphalt from harmful UV rays, weather, grease, oil and or other harmful agents.
Before Seal Coat is applied, cracks must be cleaned and filled, grease & oil spots removed and pavemnt structural failures must be repaired. Asphalt sealing is recommended to reduce cracking and to keep your surface looking new.
The Seal Coat protects the surface from water that might settle into pores, then freeze and cause cracking by the ice expanding.
Blacktop is a very durable surface, but it does not take care of itself. We can help you maintain your driveway or parking lot so it’s always in top shape.
- Asphalt Repair & Patching
- Asphalt Removal & Replacement
- Asphalt Resurfacing
- Crack Sealing
Residential driveways are our specialty. For over 25 years, we have been providing quality blacktop services for residents and business across central Pennsylvania.
When new water or sewer lines are installed, someone needs to clean up where the asphalt has been pulled up. We are careful to make sure the restored surface is safe, usable, and has unharmed the new piping below. We also repair borough, township, state roads, driveways and parking lots.
How To Keep Care Of Your New Driveway
- Do not drive on new asphalt for three days. Asphalt will remain soft and pliable before it has cooled. Also, keep vehicles off all areas that require sharp turns from your vehicle for an additional three days.
- Do not place soil directly against the edges of asphalt. This may cause cracks to develop along the outside edges.
- Do not drive off the edges of your driveway, especially when it is new.
- Repair all gas or fuel leaks before parking vehicles on asphalt.
- Make sure to keep your vehicle moving at all times when turning your steering wheel. The sun beating down on asphalt during the hot summer months softens your driveway, making it susceptible to blemishes made by the tires of your vehicle when making turns. If you do get blemishes from sharp power steering, do not worry… they are only cosmetic and will disappear with time.